Participants will get to experiment with different materials and techniques in this sampler course.
At the start of each project we look at contemporary or urban artists in short video presentations – artists who are at the cutting edge of art today and who make a living from their craft. Students will then be given a live demonstration by the tutor and then they will get to experiment and make an artwork using the skills and mediums shown.
The Sampler workshops are like the yum-cha of art classes. This course is designed to get the students to test and experiment with new mediums and skills over 1-3 week periods.
Drop your young artist off for an hour and let them express their creative side in a space that you don’t have to clean up.
Course taught by Trina Collins (www.ponchoarmy.com)
TERM 4 – 10 WEEK COURSE
• IRONLAK FLUID INKS ON CANVAS – Test out the new Ironlak fluid inks, combine spray paint and inks to make creative, eye-catching effects.
• FABRIC JACKET PATCHES – Combine marbling on fabric and ink markers to create an awesome back patch to sew onto your jacket. (2 weeks)
• SCULPTURE – Using clay, participants will create an air dry sculpture and paint it using inks. (2 weeks)
• SPRAY PAINT THE UNIVERSE – Learn how to create a vibrant space artwork using only spray paint and found objects.
• IRONLAK HEAVY BODY ACRYLICS ON CANVAS – Test out the new Ironlak heavy body acrylic paints while making an artwork that puts a contemporary spin on the classic still life (2 weeks)
• LARGE SCALE MURAL ART – Design, plan and paint your own mural on a studio wall or panel. Choose between using spray paint or brush paints (2 weeks)
Max 12 participants.
TERM PASS – $190, includes all materials (works out to be $19 per class)
Contact for details and bookings:
PAY PER WEEK – $25 (only available if class is not full, term pass holders get precedence).
LATE START – Students may sign up to this course mid session providing there are still places available.