This course focuses on gearing students towards creating a portfolio of work. Perfect for those students wishing to apply to Wollongong High School of the Performing Arts, school CAPA groups or those looking for a more technical, challenging and educational course compared to our Sampler class.
Each student will create a number of works and also learn to write descriptions for each work to include in their portfolio.
This course covers a mix of traditional and contemporary mediums and techniques. Audio/Video presentations will be shown at the start of some projects. These presentations showcase artists using the mediums/techniques the class will cover.
TERM 4 – 10 WEEK COURSE
• IRONLAK FLUID INKS ON CANVAS – Create a stunning ocean inspired artwork on canvas using the new Ironlak fluid inks.
• LINO PRINTING – Design, gouge and print an edition of work on paper using ezy carve lino. (2 week)
• COLLAGE – Using various papers students will create a bold collage artwork.
• IRONLAK ACRYLICS ON CANVAS – Try out the new heavy body Ironlak acrylic paints and learn how to paint an eye-catching, contemporary style painting. (2 weeks)
• PAPER MARBLING – Learn the Japanese art of floating ink on water and catching your fluid design on paper.
• SOLAR POWERED PRINTMAKING – Create a plate by scratching a design and using the suns UV power to make an edition or your artwork.
• DRAWING SKILLS – In this class we will look at different shading techniques and how to draw a human hand.
• SPACE ART – Using sugarcane based spray paint students will paint a space themed artwork that will surely send their portfolio into another universe!
• THROUGHOUT THE TERM – Portfolios will be reviewed with suggestions and advice given. Students will be asked questions they may get in an interview for an art school or CAPA group.
This is a guide for the term, workshops may be substituted and/or run on different weeks. Students are welcome to make suggestions for workshops at the start of the term.
This class is suitable for students aged 9-13yrs.
Max 12 participants per class. Materials supplied.
Minimum of 3 bookings required to run the workshop. Full refund will be given if cancelled.
Class taught by Trina Collins (www.ponchoarmy.com)
$190 – FULL TERM (10 weeks)
$25 – 1 WEEK (please call or email to book per week)
Students may come along to 1 off workshops for $25 per lesson providing the course is not full.
Term Pass holders get preference on workshops if they reach maximum participants.