Drop your young artist off for an hour and let them express their creative side in a space that you don’t have to clean up.
Students will get to experiment with different materials and techniques. At the start of each project we look at contemporary or urban artists in short video presentations – artists who are at the cutting edge of art today and make a living from their craft.
The Sampler workshops are like the yum-cha of art classes. This course is designed to get the students to test and experiment with new mediums and skills over 1-3 week periods.
Please note this course starts on 3 August as Trina is away during July on an art assignment.
TERM 3 – 8 WEEK COURSE
• PATTERN MURALS WITH SPRAY PAINT – Young artists will draw their own series of patterns and then use them as the basis for a mural they will paint using spray paint. (2 weeks)
• CAN-VAS – Recycle an empty spray paint can and turn it into the canvas for a new, unique work of art. (1 week)
• CONTEMPORARY PAINTING WITH PERMAPLASTIX – Using specialty sign writing paints students will design a vibrant, pattern based character. (2 week)
• URBAN ART WITH INKS & MARKERS – Students will look at different styles of graffiti writing and street textures and create a 1 colour urban inspired artwork. (1 week)
• SCREEN PRINTING – Using their urban artwork, created with inks and markers, students will transfer their design over into the screen printing medium. Learning about the emulsion process each young artist will create a film, prep a screen, expose their design and hand print their design onto fabric or paper. (2 weeks)
Max 12 participants.
TERM PASS – $180. Price includes the cost of all materials including skateboard deck
BOOK FOR 2 – SAVE $20 – $340 per 2 student booking.
PAY PER WEEK – $25 (only available if class is not full, term pass holders get precedence, not available for screen printing weeks).
LATE START – Students may sign up to this course during session providing there are still places available.