This course focuses on gearing students towards creating a portfolio of work. Perfect for those students wishing to apply to Wollongong High School of the Performing Arts, school CAPA groups or looking for a more technical, challenging and educational course compared to our Wednesday groups.
Each student will create a number of works and also learn to write descriptions for each work to include in their portfolio.
This course covers a mix of traditional and contemporary mediums and techniques. Audio/Video presentations will be shown at the start of some projects. These presentations showcase artists using the mediums/techniques the class will cover.
Please note this course starts on 3 August as Trina is away during July on an art assignment.
TERM 3 – 8 WEEK COURSE
• SEA LIFE WITH PANPASTELS – Create an eye-catching, ocean themed artwork using this new, blending art medium. It’s like painting without the liquid. (1 week)
• CONTEMPORARY PAINTING WITH PERMAPLASTIX – Using specialty sign writing paints students will design a vibrant, pattern based character. (2 week)
• EDITORIAL ILLUSTRATION – Learn how to draw a character and scene, ink the lines and colour using water colour paints. (2 weeks)
• SCRATCHBOARD – Create a work by scratching away black Indian ink to reveal white underneath. Students will learn to work in an inverted state and create a unique artwork. (1 week)
• SCREEN PRINTING – Using their scratchboard artwork students will transfer their design over into the screen printing medium. Learning about the emulsion process each young artist will create a film, prep a screen, expose their design and hand print their design onto fabric or paper. (2 weeks)
• THROUGHOUT THE TERM – Portfolios will be reviewed with suggestions and advice given. Students will be asked questions they may get in an interview for an art school or CAPA group.
Please note that this workshop is designed for students dedicated to their art practice. If you are looking for something more laid-back and social please try our Wednesday group options.
This is a guide for the term, workshops may be substituted and/or run on different weeks. Students are welcome to make suggestions for workshops at the start of the term.
This class is suitable for students aged 9-13yrs.
Max 12 participants per class.
Minimum of 3 bookings required to run the workshop. Full refund will be given if cancelled.
Class taught by Trina Collins.
Max 10 participants. Materials included.
$180 – FULL TERM (8 weeks)
$25 – 1 WEEK (please call or email to book per week ~ does not include the screen printing weeks)
Students may come along to 1 off workshops for $25 per lesson providing the course is not full.
Term Pass holders get preference on workshops if they reach maximum participants.