This course focuses on gearing students towards creating a portfolio of work. Perfect for those students wishing to apply to Wollongong High School of the Performing Arts, school CAPA groups or looking for a more technical, challenging and educational course compared to our Wednesday groups.
Each student will create a number of works and also learn to write descriptions for each work to include in their portfolio.
This course covers a mix of traditional and contemporary mediums and techniques. Audio/Video presentations will be shown at the start of some projects. These presentations showcase artists using the mediums/techniques the class will cover.
Please note this course starts week 2 of the school term.
TERM 2 – 9 WEEK COURSE
• DRAWING SKILLS – Artists will look at drawing techniques and create multiple study works. Young artists will look at drawing realistic trees and also create a perspective landscape. (2 weeks)
• STENCIL ART & WATER COLOUR PAINTING – Students will cut a simple stencil and use water colours to make a short run, varied edition on paper. (2 weeks)
• TEXTURES & COLLAGE – Get experimental and create your own textures on paper using a variety of methods and materials. Use these creations and recycled materials to create a stunning collage artwork. (2 weeks)
• ABSTRACT AEROSOL – Create an eye-catching abstract, contemporary artwork using spray paint and liquids on corflute board. (1 week)
• CONTEMPORARY ACRYLIC PAINTING – Paint a fluid, thick brush artwork using a minimal colour palette on canvas. (1 week)
• GEODE SCULPTURES – Make 3D geometric paper sculptures, join them clusters and paint them up using metallic aerosols. (1 week)
• THROUGHOUT THE TERM – Portfolios will be reviewed with suggestions and advice given. Students will be asked questions they may get in an interview for an art school or CAPA group.
Please note that this workshop is designed for students dedicated to their art practice. If you are looking for something more laid-back and social please try our Wednesday group options.
This is a guide for the term, workshops may be substituted and/or run on different weeks. Students are welcome to make suggestions for workshops at the start of the term.
This class is suitable for students aged 9-13yrs, however age is a just a guideline.
Minimum of 3 bookings required to run the workshop. Full refund will be given if cancelled.
Class taught by Trina Collins.
Max 10 participants. Materials included.
$190 – FULL TERM (9 weeks)
$25 – 1 WEEK (please call or email to book per week)
Students may come along to 1 off workshops for $25 per lesson providing the course is not full.
Term Pass holders get preference on workshops if they reach maximum participants.