Participants will get to experiment with different materials and techniques in this sampler course.
At the start of each project we look at contemporary or urban artists in short video presentations – artists who are at the cutting edge of art today and who make a living from their craft. Students will then be given a live demonstration by the tutor and then they will get to experiment and make an artwork using the skills and mediums shown.
The Sampler workshops are like the yum-cha of art classes. This course is designed to get the students to test and experiment with new mediums and skills over 1-3 week periods.
Drop your young artist off for an hour and let them express their creative side in a space that you don’t have to clean up.
Course taught by Trina Collins (www.ponchoarmy.com)
TERM 1 – 10 WEEK COURSE
Starts week 2 of school term – 7 Feb, 2018
• SPRAY PAINT & ACRYLIC ON CANVAS – Combine spray paint and Ironlak acrylic brush paints to create a contemporary landscape. (2 weeks)
• HYDRO-DIP – Use spray paint and water to create an abstract pattern to print onto 3D items.
• STENCIL ART – Cut a multi-layer stencil and spray paint it onto various backgrounds (2 weeks)
• MULTI-COLOUR LINO PRINTMAKING – Learn how to gouge and print a multicolour, seamless repeat tile pattern onto paper. (2 weeks)
• PASTE-UPS – Use mixed media to create a large scale paste-up artwork that will use drawing, painting and design skills (2 weeks)
• SKIN TONE WITH AEROSOL – Learn how to paint realistic skin tones with aerosol paints on the studio walls.
Max 12 participants.
TERM PASS – $199, includes all materials
Contact for details and bookings:
PAY PER WEEK – $25 (only available if class is not full, term pass holders get precedence).
LATE START – Students may sign up to this course mid session providing there are still places available.