This course focuses on gearing students towards creating a portfolio of work. Perfect for those students wishing to apply to Wollongong High School of the Performing Arts, school CAPA groups or those looking for a more technical, challenging and educational course compared to our Sampler class.
Each student will create a number of works and also learn to write descriptions for each work to include in their portfolio.
This course covers a mix of traditional and contemporary mediums and techniques. Audio/Video presentations will be shown at the start of some projects. These presentations showcase artists using the mediums/techniques the class will cover.
TERM 1 – 10 WEEK COURSE
Starts week 2 of school term – 7 Feb 2018.
• WATERCOLOUR PAINTING – LANDSCAPE – Learn how to use liquid and pan watercolour paints to create a contemporary landscape artwork. (2 weeks)
• CHARCOAL DRAWING – SKULL– Learn about line, form and texture using charcoal. Create a high contrast drawing of a skull for your portfolio.
• PANPASTEL – PORTRAITURE – Learn how to create realistic skin tones using panpastels. Colour various portraits with different skin tones.
• STENCIL ART – POP ART – Students will learn how to create a pop art inspired artwork by cutting out their own stencil and spray painting it onto card to make a vibrant series of artworks. (2 weeks)
• DRAWING SKILLS – HANDS – Learn how to draw hands step-by-step with the tutor, from sketch to finished drawing.
• MIXED MEDIA PAINTING ON CANVAS – FLORA & FAUNA – Paint a magical world with plants and animals using a combination of spray paint and acrylic brush paints. (2 weeks)
• TEST – Students will prepare for an interview if applying for WHSPA or a school CAPA group and take a past exam so they know what to expect at the school interview (includes questions and drawing exercises).
• THROUGHOUT THE TERM – Portfolios will be reviewed with suggestions and advice given. Students will be asked questions they may get in an interview for an art school or CAPA group.
This is a guide for the term, workshops may be substituted and/or run on different weeks. Students are welcome to make suggestions for workshops at the start of the term.
This class is suitable for students aged 9-13yrs.
Max 12 participants per class. Materials supplied.
Minimum of 3 bookings required to run the workshop. Full refund will be given if cancelled.
Class taught by Trina Collins (www.ponchoarmy.com)
$199 – FULL TERM (10 weeks)
$25 – 1 WEEK (please call or email to book per week)
Students may come along to 1 off workshops for $25 per lesson providing the course is not full.
Term Pass holders get preference on workshops if they reach maximum participants.