The A.A.A.S. studio warehouse is spacious, air conditioned and well lit premises that has various indoor and outdoor areas.
• The MAIN workshop area is air conditioned with great natural and electrical lighting. It has tables, av equipment including a projector, screen, radio, dvd, vhs, record players and also has a large drying rack, large light box table, tables, chairs, photocopier, printers and more. The bathroom and kitchen open to this space. This room is approx 80sqm.
• The separate WAREHOUSE space is great for all things were a shed space is more suitable like indoor spray painting, screen printing and messy or smelly things. It has a high roof, great natural lighting and also electrical lighting. Multiple power points are available. Tables, power tools, movable painting walls are available. The space is approx 40sqm + an additional hallway storage area of 10sqm.
• The YARD is located out the back. A grassed area approx 100sqm is perfect for painting outdoors. Outdoor spray painting panels will be installed soon. Water is available. A BBQ will soon be there as well for all those outdoor party workshops.
• The DARKROOM is currently in the process of being built at the new location. It will offer a light safe wash out room, coating and drying room and exposure room. It is located at the back of the warehouse space.
• The MUSIC ROOM is a sound proofed 10m2 space that has an acoustic drum kit and electronic drum kit + guitar and amp, microphone and other music equipment.
• The SHOP stocks a large range of urban art supplies – check the shop page for info
• The KITCHEN has a small canteen that includes soft drinks and snacks for a small charge. Tea and coffee is available for free for paying students. If you want to bring your own food along there is a fridge, small oven/griller, microwave and cooker.
• The BATHROOM is pretty special, it has a rainbow seat…. and it clean and tidy.
• STORAGE rooms we have but due to our amount of students we only hold student artworks for 1 week.
Want to hire the A.A.A.S. warehouse to run your own workshop or work on your own project?
Contact us with the following details
- Project/Workshop details
- Dates and times required
- How much space do you need? (full workshop area, main workshop area only (air conditioned), the warehouse (for indoor spray painting), the darkroom and light safe wash out areas, single table, back yard (outdoor painting area), sound proof music room, kitchen)
- Do you need to use any A.A.A.S. workshop equipment? (screen printing equipment, tables, chairs, removable graffiti walls etc etc)
- Do you need to hire any non-perishable materials (cutting mats, x-acto handles, sewing machine etc)
- Do you need to purchase any perishable materials from the retail shop? (inks, paints, markers, x-acto blades, paper/card etc)
Shared studio hire days, where artists can come in and work on their own project in our space are available, days and time vary.
$5ph standard arts or $10ph screen printers/spray painters. Email email@example.com to book. Bookings are essential.
RUN YOUR OWN WORKSHOP
If you want to run your own art based workshop in our studio here is a general rates guide.
5hr workshops $100
2 full day weekend workshops $200
Prices based on workshop with up to 12 people
Please contact for more info and additional rates for larger groups
Please note we have recently moved to a new space, pics will come shortly when everything is looking smart.